Wednesday 5 September 2012

Playing with Crayons

This past weekend I was watching PJ on YouTube (KickthePJ) and I came across a video of him making art with melted crayons (here) I loved the idea so much that I decided to give it a go, also my cousin just moved in to a dorm and my brother and  I thought this would be the perfect house warming gift, so we made it together.

It is very easy and fun to make. You will need a blanc canvas, Crayola Crayons, Glue ( I used No More Nails by Unibond and it worked out just fine, but PJ used hot glue), black acrylic paint, I also used  this LOVE sing made of wood and most importantly a hair dryer.
You will just need to glue the crayons to the top of the canvas and use a hair dryer to melt them, and the you are done.
I do recommend using old newspaper and plastic bags so I wouldn't make a colourful mess.


I love how it turned out, and I also love that is something personal.
I think this would be a great idea to give it to parents that work in offices and places with a lack of colours.
Have fun melting crayons :)
Do you like this idea? Do you ever give presents that you make?  Let me know in the comments below.
xx-B

8 comments:

  1. Wow, this is so cool and easy! I will try it out :)
    (I deleted my other comment because I messed up on my blog address, srry)

    http://perlaxmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you try send me a piture on my email, I would love to see it :)
      thegreyclover@gmail.com
      xx-B

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! That's pretty cool!! Great housewarming present too!! PS. I'd love for you to come visit my blog and follow me if you like it!! :)

    -Stephanie
    @LaminLouboutins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!!! I always love reading DIY posts because i always think that making something yourself is always much more personal whether it is made to be a present or made for yourself! This is a fantastic idea, and you have done an awesome job!!
    Thanks for the post! :)

    http://lashesandlaces.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the same thing, I love DIY projects :)
      xx-B

      Delete
  4. Just so you know, i'm interested in your blog so i nominated you for the Liebster Award tag! :) If you are interested in doing it please read my blogpost about it :)

    http://lashesandlaces.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much! I will check it out :)
      xx-B

      Delete