Wednesday 18 April 2012

B's thoughts: NYX - Soft Matte Lip Creams

I have been going crazy for matte lipsticks, and I saw that NYX launched the Soft Matte Lipstick Creams and I knew I had to buy them.
(top to bottom: Addis Abada, Tokyo, Milan, San Paulo)
(natural light)

It was the first time I was purchasing NYX products, and honestly I was a bit nervous, I have seen both good and bad reviews, so I didn't know what to expect. And I can say that I love these products. They apply very creamy and when you first apply to the lip it has a semi-matte finish but after few minutes it goes completely matte, it wears off nicely although I did find they were a lot more drying then my others matte lipsticks, with that being said, I find that need to apply a lip balm after a couple of hours off wearing it. 
The only one I don't really like is Tokyo, I find that it is very streaky.



(top to bottom: Addis Abada, Tokyo, Milan, San Paulo)
(natural light)
  
Overall I really do like them,  but the swatches on the NYX website are not great, so be aware! My favourite colour is Milan. (priced at £5 each)

xx - B 

3 comments:

  1. im really loving nyx lip products at the moment they are so pigmented

    Over on my blog I am having a give away :o) I would love for you to enter

    http://lolainthelounge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/give-away.html

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, I might buy some more stuff to try :)
      I'll defiantly check it out.
      thanks for commenting!
      xx - B

      Delete
  2. hi, they look beautiful... esp. milan. : ) never tried any lip products so far from nyx, just the jumbo eye pencils. surely i should try now! greetings over to london! susu x

    susuontheblock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete